Video: Can kids learning to love veggies drive future demand?
The VegKIT team presented at Hort Connections 2021 – Australia and New Zealand’s premiere horticultural event. This year the event was impacted by COVID-19 travel restrictions, but the AUSVEG and PMA-NZ organisers were able to run a successful hybrid conference.
Project lead David Cox presented an overview of the VegKIT project and opened up a cross-industry panel discussion on efforts to increase kids’ vegetable consumption.
The VegKIT panel:
- Claire Gardner, Flinders University Caring Futures Institute
- Tara Leong, Qualified Nutritionist
- Belinda Adams, Coastal Hydroponics
- Astrid Poelman, CSIRO
- David Cox, CSIRO
- Shadia Djakovic, Healthy Kids Association
- John Simonetta, Perfection Fresh Australia